Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Skyjacker or Superlift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ED70K5, May 1, 2000.

1. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

I'm finally ordering my suspension for my 70 K5 and I 've settled on a 6 in. Suspension System. National Tire and Wheel has a sale on the Superlift Suspension System for 599.00(including 4 springs, 4 shocks, steering arm, new brake lines,hardware. Thats 150.00 bucks cheaper than the Skyjacker suspension system, which includes the same things. Is the Skyjacker really worth the extra 150.oo bucks?? Anybody have an experiences with these two kits??

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I run the Superlift softride rear 5 1/2" spring packs on the rear of my 72 and lovem!! I know that Superlift has a lifetime warrenty as long as you own your rig! They also make a variety of types of spring packs, so be carefull witch 'flavor' you are getting!! Aks them how many indavidual springs are in each spring pack! The more the better!! My rear spring packs have 7 leafs!! An realy expensive spring packs from National Spring in So.CA also have 7+ leafs per pack. If you need more about my springpacks let me know.
    GOOD LUCK

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]

3. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Superlift softride 6" kit here. Love it Matter in fact im thinking about 8" spring kit Superlift myself. Need more clearance for 39.5's off road.

<font color=purple>79' K-5 396cid 600hp, TH350, NP203</font color=purple>
    http://79blueknight.homepage.com

4. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

What about the differances with shocks included in these kits?? Superlift Softride Vs. Skyjacker Hydro
    Is one brand better than the other?

5. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

$599 sounds like a deal! Do they have a catalog or website?
    Thanks

Blazin' in Flagstaff

6. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

The National Tire & Wheel website is at: www.ntwonline.com

I've ordered from these guys before when I bought my 6 in. IFS kit for my 91 Z-71, 35 in BFG mt / 15 x10 Weld Super Singles. My tires came mounted and balanced right to my door! I was worried about my wheels getting damaged by UPS, but they were packaged very well. Nothing but good things to say about National Tire and Wheel.

7. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Boys....I just don't want to carry round a step-ladder to get in and out of my truck you know? I mean I am a short guy...6'...I am looking for a good soft 2" lift for my 86.I am adding the Rancho 9000's with the dials in the cab, the crane ignition setup that Depdog has highly talked about, gonna switch from 31 to 32's, grab the flowtech ceramics, flowthru cats and flowmaster mufflers for the new crate 330hp/350.

My question would be, who would make the better lift kit? I really do not want to go through all the hassles I hear about with steering and driveshafts....And do you just change rear springs or use the blocks? And I also read some of ya'll have opted for a 4" lift in the back with a 2" in the front to level the Ole Gal out...feedback?
    And I thank you upfront...[​IMG]

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]

8. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    The blazers & burb's typically need anywhere from 1"-2" more in the back to level em' out. I"m currently looking into 8" springs for the front & 4-6" springs in the rear. The only way I'd go with 4" in back is if my new "depdog special perches" lift the rear to the height I'm wanting.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

9. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Don't buy the stuperlift junk. I have a stuperlift kit on my K5 and a Skyjacker on my 86 K20 Suburban. I have an excellent comparison in my driveway. The stupidlift is junk! They do not honor that warranty. They told me on the phone that the warranty only applies to sagging???? I have the stupidlift softride springs and they flex good, but I bent a front spring from to much flex. I tried to return it for warranty and they told me that it did not apply to damage I did to the spring??? Isn't a spring supposed to flex? There is not a mark on the spring, the top leaf bent at the clamp. I have seen a lot of trail damage and this was definitely a poor quality piece of metal. I bought a replacement stupidlift spring (just call me stupid) because I didn't want two different springs on the front of my truck and the second spring is starting to bend in the same spot. The Skyjacker lift has survived rockcrawling my Suburban and jumping it in a tough truck competition in an arena which broke one of my Rancho shocks in half. The Skyjacker springs are tapered with pads and ride better than the original springs. They also flex awesome, my Suburban ramps 800 with the swaybar connected and full tire pressure. The stupidlift has square cut springs with no pads and the u-bolts were 3 inches too long. They didn't even survive crawling over rocks, no jumping. Don't buy the stupidlift kit unless you own a parade queen. If you are going to work your truck hard then spend the few extra bucks and get a kit that will last you awhile.
    CB

10. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have always run Superlift! They are great!!!!!

Two words for ya: "LIFETIME GAURENTEE!!!!" (sp?)

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett"
    IN TOO DEEP Off-Road Club

11. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Five words for you, Stupidlift doesn't honor their warranty!
    CB

12. Emmettology 101

Maybe in your case. i called them when I thought I had a sagging front spring and the first thing the guy said was "send it back, they have a lifetime warranty!" I told him I wanted to check a few things first and it ended up being something else.

I have called them on a few occasions and they are always really nice and eager to help you.

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett"

13. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

14. Glenn

Glenn Registered Member

I have a Skyjacker 4 inch lift with 4 springs and all with softride hydros on my Blazer and would not trade it for any other set up.

15. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

When I called Stupidlift on the bent spring they told me they would not cover that kind of damage. I described the problem in great detail and they said no, they would not warranty a bent spring. They said I could send it to them but they probably would not warranty the spring. I discussed this problem with them for 90 minutes on the phone, they wouldn't budge on their decision. That is wrong and I will never do business with thieves like that again. I'm posting here hoping to save someone else from the same problems I had. Besides their quality sucks, if you looked at a quality spring like Skyjacker sitting next to a Stupidlift spring you would understand what I mean.
    CB

16. Emmettology 101

I have seen just about every lift brand out there and I still like and would buy Superlift. I have called them numerous times and they are always very helpful. And most of my friends use Superlift also. I was the first out of my group to buy Superlift and everyone was so pleased with their quality and product, that they purchased Superlift when they needed a lift.

Lifts are like every other product in the world, there are going to be good experiences and bad experiences. It is just unfortunate that you had to have one of the bad ones.

By the way, how did you bend your spring?

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett"

17. Emmettology 101

My friend has a 79 CJ-7 with a built 401 and 38's... All last summer we were at this one 4x4 meet every Thursday and they had a dirt bank that he jumped several times a night. I have pictures of him flying about 2-3 foot off the ground with four Superlift springs and he never had a problem. He was landing so hard that his frame broke.

I will try and get pics

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett"

18. Emmettology 101

Re: Skyjacker or Superlift? Jeep Jumping pics

Here is the one pic I have, I know he has more...

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett"

19. Emmettology 101

For some reason a few of our posts are gone and I dont know if you got to see this.
    The attached pic is a 79 CJ-7 with 38's, 401 and (4) Superlift springs. He jumped this Jeep 5- 10 times a night for about 4 weeks, until the frame broke with no damage to the Superlift springs.

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett"

20. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I have Rancho springs front and rear on my '73 blazer.They ride great and flex good.I am planning some serious changes though and will use something different I think.MY wife has dick cepeck on her sub that came off my old sub they work great and flex excellent.They are the softest they had when I bought them and haven't sagged in five years.Brady.