Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

skyjacker shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dunc03, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

Is anybody running skyjacker shocks on their ride. Does anyone know anything about them. A friend of mine recommended them and he is big into offroading, but I'd like to get a second opinion or more. Thanks

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I've got them as well as the Skyjacker springs. I like the springs but the shocks are too soft for my taste. They do not provide enough dampening. The only reason I am running them is because I got them for free when I bought the springs. This is for the Hydros, I have not used the Nitros.

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. MR.GADGET

MR.GADGET Registered Member

I have the Hydros on an 89 K-5 and with the winch and brush guard they are not enough a friend has a 90 K-5 with twin nitros on each side and its way to much My 96 Dodge 2500 King Cab Diesel Longbed 4x4 has Rancho 9000's on all four and its great turn them up or down depending on what you are doing. Dont go with the remote the lines get riped off easy and $$$$ -----

IF IT'S NOT AS BIG AS YOU ARE DRIVE OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!