Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Skyjacker springs

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JTB, Feb 9, 2002.

1. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

I was running 4" Superlift springs with 2 1/2" blocks in the rear and 4" rancho springs up front. I liked the way it sat but I just couldn't leave it alone. I prefer a lift without blocks so I bought the Skyjacker 6" rear springs and installed them. It sat at a little rake before, now the ass end is way up in the air, too much rake for me. I was surprised that 6" springs are way higher than new 4" springs and 2 1/2" blocks were. This happen to anyone else? I would take the springs back but I already sold my other ones and painted the new ones. Crap. Maybe I will sell the Skyjackers and try something else. Any ideas?
    Jeff

2. 71Blazer

71Blazer Registered Member

What did you pay for your springs and what would you sell them for?

3. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

I paid $395 including tax for them. I need to find a replacement before I sell them, but I would take $325 for them. They are brand new.
    Jeff

4. Deblaze

Deblaze Registered Member

I Have a '71 and had the same thought as you did. When I got home to install them I noticed on the receipt that it said 8" lift so I called the place where I bought them and they said that they don't make a true 6" rear for first gen's, so they sell 8" springs for 2nd Generation. They said that due to there higher weight it will equal out once they settle. I kind of like mine except when going down steep stuff. Just means I've got to go higher in the front right.

5. 71Blazer

71Blazer Registered Member

1st gen heavier than 2nd?

6. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

I figured they had to be 8" springs when I installed them but the guy I bought them from said they are definitely 6" springs. They sure look like 8" springs though. I got a soft top so I doubt the weight in the rear is greater than the weight of a 2nd gen.
    Jeff

7. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Wait until the springs settle. That will take a few months. When my buddy put his 4"/6" Skyjacker lift kit in his '72, it looked like he put a 6"/8" lift kit on it. It's settled down a lot since then (just over a year ago).