Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

skyjacker,super lift or pro-comp????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Intense Blue, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Intense Blue

Intense Blue Registered Member

i have 87 k5 that i use everyday for highway use only and going to put on 2.5" suspension lift. just curious if anyone could give me a little feed back on brands to get. i want a nice soft smooth ride, no lumberwagons!!! i was thinking of skyjacker.....any help would be great thanks

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I had a 4" ProComp and went to a 6" BDS. My 6" BDS is much smoother and flexes better than the ProComp. I would highly recommend that which ever lift you choose, buy greasable bushings, it is worth the investment and improvement in ride.

Derf00
    1990 K5 Jimmy 350 Edelbrock Performer TBI, 6in BDS Lift, Dana 60, 4.56, Corp 14B Detriot, 16x10 AE 589's, 37x12.5 SSR

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

My vote, Tuff Country, love mine. ride is nice and soft, but Skyjacker makes some nice springs, the others are all on the stiff side.
    Check here for a comparison <a target="_blank" href=http://www.coloradok5.com/tech.shtml#Spring%20Rate%20Table>Spring Rate Table</a>

oh and fill out your profile so we know something about you!!

Leland aka RaisedK5

"The Voices told me to do it!"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.coloradok5.com/gallery/albun91>This is what they told me to do</a>

4. Ck1500

Ck1500 1/2 ton status

i have a 1987 K-5 blazer with a BDS 6" lift, and i would never look back its a very nice ride, and flexes real nice!. i been in other trucks and they were bouncy "which is only a plus if there is a well endowed woman riding with ya ;)"

ck1500