Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

skylar Soft top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Jun 27, 2000.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

I just got my Skylar soft top today YEA!!! if anyone would like a report on how it goes on let me know....i have my digital so i will be taking pic's of the process....it dosent look to bad but i will be workin on it tonight.

Chaz

1988 K5 350TBI Bright Canary Yellow
    4" lift
    and wimpy 32" BFG's (need new ones, they are bald)

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"

2. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

do you have to take the back seat off? The tops look cool but if you gotta take the back seat out.

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

3. Udy

Udy Registered Member

Just fold the seat down, unless you have an older style, I don't think they folded.

4. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

my seat doesn't exactly want to fold down! It's rusted to the point of no movement...got a cure udy???

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

5. Udy

Udy Registered Member

Other than a good penetrant (PB Blaster is the best I've found) and some persuasion, I don't have an idea. I don't think you will be able to get the seat out with out being able to fold it first! Are you releasing the lever 1st? You could always leave the seat in and use it instead of the supplied suport bow suplied with the top! Good luck

maybe you better go with the Kayline top!

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i put it on last night...everything went well except for one side i had to make a little modifaction with my pliers and bend one of the brackets but other than that everything fit perfect....after it was all said and done it took me a total of about an hour...i love this thing...it is so quiet goin down the road...i was expecting it to sound like like a jeep soft top but it sounds like i have the hard top on....but about a ton ligher =-) the only down side to the top is the price but that is my only complaint...but everyone i talked to at skyler were very helpful...i will have picts tonight i hope..i dident get a chance to up load them last night.
    well anyway gota go befor the boss busts me

Chaz

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"