Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Skyler K5 soft top... opinions?? Other soft top recommendations?..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wolfy87, Feb 3, 2004.

1. wolfy87

wolfy87 Registered Member

Anyone have this top or know someone who does? Its the style that covers the bed flush as well as the back of the cab. Is it a quality product that fits? I'm considering buying one to install in the spring. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I've looked at the full soft tops also, but I'm not sure I want to mess with that much hardware to get it on and off. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

I have used one for the past 6 summers and love it. The velcro rails make it real easy to get on and off. Somebody told me they went out of business, but I just checked their website and it seems up to date. I might be doing a full cage this summer which would definitely interfere with my top. I guess I'll have to get a CanBack top then. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. 89BlazerK5

89BlazerK5 1/2 ton status

the Skyler corporation is for sale. they are not filling any orders until it sells. it's been for sale for a long time. you might be waiting for a while. i have the offcamber4x4 fasttrac soft top sold here: http://offcamber4x4.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=OC4&Category_Code=B

it's nice, but, has 2 gaping holes on the sides where the tonneau meets the cab curtian. it doesn't leak when it rains, but, the water will puddle up on the tonneau, and when you take off to leave, all that water comes pouring into the cab. i'll bet it can be fixed somehow.... otherwise, it's a really nice top.

[​IMG]

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Do you have to drill to mount that top? (fastrac)

Thanks,
    John

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you have to drill to mount that top?

Thanks,
    John

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think so. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I wan't one of those skyler tops too...

6. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

I also own the fast-trac top.

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you have to drill to mount that top?

[/ QUOTE ]

for the fast-trac? YES. But no owrries, if you put the hard top back on they are covered by the weatherstripping and don't pose a problem.

my advice?

GET A SKYLER TOP IF YOU CAN

...i searched for like 10 months before i gave up and got the fast-trac. i don't really regret it, but i would still prefer the skyler top.

7. 88 jimmychanga

88 jimmychanga Registered Member

There's a black skyler soft top up for auction on eBay, it's at $500 bucks with no bids yet. I think it's about to run out of time though.

8. 89BlazerK5

89BlazerK5 1/2 ton status

yes, for the fasttrac, you have to drill holes for the top and sides of the cab roof, but they are covered by the top/weatherstripping........ and also, you have to put 7 screws across the top of the tailgate. it's no big deal, just leave the screws in...