Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Skyler Soft Top, experience?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Sep 16, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

2. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

No, but I like the way that one works pretty well. The bolt holes are right there, why do all the other manufacturers make you freaking screw in new holes? Dumb

3. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

I have had one now for about 6 years and it is still holding up real well. I bought it used in '97 for about $250. It's a piece-o-cake to put on and take off. When I don't want to take it all the way off I just un-velcro the window piece and roll it up and tuck it behind the seats. It's very quiet at highway speeds and has never ripped off or anything. Basically I give it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. The only thing that sucks is I am thinking about going with a full cage and it won't work with that unless I go exo-cage.

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Let me know if you decide to get rid of it! I've been looking for one. But cann't afford a new one.... Thanks....

5. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Hey i wanted one of those! but if you are serious about buying one you'll find out quickly that Skyler Corp. no longer exists and the only way to get yourself one is to buy the company and start making them again. i still wanted one reeeaal bad so i got the fast-trac version. YES i had to drill way too many holes and NO it does not use velcro to attach the top to it's frame. it uses a hook lip system (don't like it very much). but don't get me wrong as soon as the tempreatures start rising my hard top is off and the frame for this soft top is on. no leaking problems as long as you park on a hill (so water doesn't collect in the center of the tannue part and UN HOOK the hook system and then dump about 10 gallons of water into the back of your blazer. but don't get me wrong....i love it. sorry no pics - looks awesome

6. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    http://skylercorp.com/Skyler-tops.htm Anyone have experience with this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish the picture of the girl, oops I mean Blazer, wasn't so grainy. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. AuH2O

AuH2O 1/2 ton status

Might as well bump an old thread instead of making a new one... Is this company still out of business? It still says on their website they ain't taking orders. I sent them a mail a while back but no answer yet. Wouldn't there at least have been some soft tops left in stock when they decided to sell the company that could maybe be aquired via back channels or something? Seems the sale ain't going so well anyway, seeing as how it's going on a coupla years now. Or would picking a used up on eBay be my only chance of getting one? Cause I really do want one...

8. LEEREED123

LEEREED123 1/2 ton status

Here's one!....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKYLER-SOFT-TOP-K-5-BLAZER_W0QQitemZ270118020127QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33652QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

9. AuH2O

AuH2O 1/2 ton status

10. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

I had one and liked it...I had to fab up my own mounts but it worked fine. Now I have a roll bar and am getting rid of it. Someone on here was interested in it but I cant find the email address :doah:

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I am interested in it.
    I sent you an Email.

12. LEEREED123

LEEREED123 1/2 ton status

13. lochenjons

I found the other guy who was first interested. If he bails your all next in line.

EDIT: He can't buy so if thunder cant Ill let you know

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  14. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i also am interested,
    put me next in line please if leereed cant buy.
    thanks.

15. lochenjons

I'm waiting for leereed to email me back... so yes scrappy your next

16. jpdrake

jpdrake 1/2 ton status

i bought mine last spring for $800 used and i thought i was lucky to have one! i definatlly think it is the #1 essential for a blazer. i was the 26th bidder for mine, if i saw this one brand new in the box for $1000 i wouldnt even have thought twice to pick it up, i think this is the guys 3rd time trying to sell it.

17. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

do you have pics ?
    i would like to see before i buy
    how much do you want for yours?

18. lochenjons

I want just $120 + shipping (about $75 was what I was quoted)...I need it out of my garage and I got it for not much more and like I mentioned theres no mounts, its just the top. Easy to fab up tho
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

if this thing will fit my 1984 blazer, i will send you the money right now!

e-mail me ; mtp2all@excite.com

20. AuH2O

AuH2O 1/2 ton status

I had no idea at the time of my first post looking into getting a Skyler top that these were in such high demand and so hard to come by. But it seems the eBay seller above got a little greedy and set the reserve too high. He could've gotten it sold for $710, but now he's stuck with it for a while longer. I wouldn't pay that even for NOS (well, MAYbe if it'd been the color I wanted), and I certainly wouldn't pay over $1000 like he was asking and like some here have professed willingness to do. That's way overpriced, but I guess if you want one bad enough... Me I guess I'm gonna have to forget about these for now and hope someone buys the damn company and starts selling new ones again for the reasonable price of $600 in the not too distant future.