Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Skyler soft top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by imconfused, Jul 9, 2000.

1. imconfused

imconfused Registered Member

Does anyone own the Skyler soft top?? I read that they are installed using VELCRO?? How durable is that system? Have you had any problems with quality?? Last of all ..Does anyone know of other companies that sell a soft top similar to SKYLER's? I'm not too interested in the ones that resemble the original top ...I'm looking for the one that looks like a tonneau. THANKS......

2. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

I have one that I bought from Shawn, it is great. The top is held on by 3 rails that attah into these rails in the factory hard top holes. The rails have velcro on them. They work great too. I have not had any problems with mine. It isnt loud and doesnt leak. The velcro is on the oputside of these rails and you have a strip of it on the tailgate. ALl seem to work fine. Feel free to call Skyler for any questions, they are very honest and professional and ask about used tops, sometimes people trade in old ones for different colors or such.
    I know no one else who sells anything like this.

BBone 85'K5
    Wilderness Roof Rack in the winter, Skyler in the summer...

3. K5experience

K5experience Registered Member

I have one and love it, easy to put on and take off. The only thing is if you live a place were it rains alot and don't put that piece of wood they give you for the water run off in, the water will collect in the center and pull the cover off and water gets all in your bed.