Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Skyler Soft tops

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mahonpaul, Sep 14, 2002.

1. mahonpaul

mahonpaul Registered Member

Has anyone been able to purchase a Skyler soft top lately?? I've been trying to contact them for close to a year now to purchase a bikini top, the only response has been we don't have any available, were changing manufactures. Has anyone else run into the same problem>

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    Is this the top you are looking for? I got this one from OffCamber 4x4.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

and it looks very good to....
    grant

4. IL84JIMMY

IL84JIMMY Registered Member

Hey jc71355, that looks great, i love it. how does it do in a heavy rainstorm? any problems with leaks? How does it seal along the top? I am wanting to get one, but that is a lot of money, and i want to be sure about it. Any other comments on how it works, and any pros or cons would be great, thanks.

5. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

The Top works great. Overall I'm very pleased with it. The only problems that I have ran into so far have been with water pooling on the tonnau. One more crossmember looks like it mite solve it but i'm not sure. The problem is that the water pools in between the front two crossmembers when it is parked (Moving it is not a problem) and when you try to get it out it runs up to the front two corners in the gap between the cab curtain and the tonnau cover and runs in. Not bad and avoidable. I stuffed a small Towel into the corner under the tonnau and on top of the side frame. This soaks some water up and the rest it keeps from coming in. No problems to date with it leaking around the top. Like I said overall I have been very pleased.