Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Skyler Tailgate Protector?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rob 85K5, Jul 18, 2000.

1. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Someone posted a looong time ago that they were going to get one of these, it mounts on the inside of the tailgate to protect it. You can see it at http://www.skylercorp.com/more-prod.htm. How does it look, install, work. Is it worth the $$ or ist is a piece?

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

That was me, I think, that was going to get one........haven't yet, though still plan on it. Seems a good alternative to paint (no scratching when unloading,etc.), but gotta finish getting my motor fixed and running first.

<font color=black>'79 K5 - 406 w/IROC TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

3. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Looks good but for $100 bucks???? Noooowaayyyyyy

BBone 85'K5
    Wilderness Roof Rack in the winter, Skyler in the summer...

4. Peter J

Peter J Registered Member

Well here's what I did, and it works great! Get yourself some Marine carpet, cut it to fit tailgate interior,have an upholsterer bind the edge. Get some boat snaps, install on carpet and tailgate and PRESTO,...removable carpet. Good for getting that stuff off the roof, grippy surface when wet.
    Someplace that does marine upholstry and canvas could do the whole thing for you. Probably even get close on matching carpet color.
    PJ