Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Skyler top in the winter?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78k5, Aug 15, 2000.

1. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

Can you use the Skyler top in the winter without too many problems, and what kind of problames could you have?

2. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Well I don't have one but I want one and the first thing that came to mind when I saw the question is coldness obviously and snow building up on top if you get a lot of snow where you live.
    Just my $0.02.

Dawson
    88 K5

3. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

I went with my Skyler untill about Dec 23 last year. It wasnt that it got too cold, (I love in South GA) but that some people dont like that much cold wind in their faces when riding in the back seat. Sometimes, when an early morning due that changed to frost on their occured, but I dont think its too bad for the top. We dont get snow but Im sure it would just blow off when your drive unless you park it with out the rain-bow in it and it colapsed the top (this would suck and might ruin it also by stretching) Other than that, if it doesnt snow LOTS you should be ok. One think I do like about driving with the top, is in the summer, your air works tons better and also in the winter the heat warms up the cab a lot faster both due to the drastic decrease in cabin size. Any other questions, just ask..

Ben
    www.BenjaminBone.coloradoK5.com