Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Skylercorp Soft-top: update

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric, May 1, 2000.

1. Eric

Eric Registered Member

Just installed a Slylercorp Soft top. Could not believe how easy the whole "project" was. Had the hard top off in half an hour and the same to install the new soft top (with the help of friend).

Only problem I had was that it rained hard the first few days after installation and I did not have time to coat the seams with 3M Outdoor Farbric Protector as recommended. Well, when it rains it pours and it was wet inside for a few days. First day of sunshine I treated the seams and no problems since. Bone dry.

Nothing like going topless!

Later

Eric
    86 K5 Blazer

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Does Skyler make a soft top other than the "Tonnau cover" style? Can you post pics of yours. THanks.

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

3. Eric

Eric Registered Member

Just took some pictures yesterday. Blazer takes on a whole new look. Hope to have them back this week. I will scan them in and post when I can.

Price tag was around $500.00. I little expensive, but in my eyes as far as looks and functionality it is well worth it.

Eric

One eyed super fly- watch out!
    86 K5 Blazer

4. K 5/86

K 5/86 Newbie

Would really like to see the pictures!! Thanks!!!!