Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slab info, and Llano River info ( Austin Area )

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by txguy, Dec 4, 2002.

1. txguy

txguy 1/2 ton status

Just curious, anyone been out to the slab lately? If so, what are the conditions? Also, Anyone ever entered Llano River below bridge in Llano, the river bed area the is just like the slab?

Thanks

2. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

First of all, I was just at the slab last weekend (2/16). All was good then, but that was before the rain started. The river in Llano is up a little but not sure how much, couple of inches I think. Might still be OK for run on 2/22.

Next question, I've been all over the river around Llano, the area in town is not quite like it is at the slab. At the slab if you upstream you'll find some rocks available for crawling. In town and west of town there aren't as many rocks, it's mostly sand. But I can show you every entry point that can made leagally.

Kirk

3. txguy

txguy 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. I have not been on hardly at all like I used to. It has been over a year since I was out at the slab.

On another post I have asked about getting a group together in the near future... Hopefully soon