Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slab off-roading pics.. maiden voyage of the 89 and 78 trucks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, May 20, 2002.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Hey guy's.. had a great time.. to make a long story short.. Pam and I forgot our tent and a few other things so we didn't camp out that night.. we came home Saturday evening. Pam got pulled over in the Blazer for an out headlight and other than that, it was a great trip..
    Stoop, Cassidy (you animal), Executioner, Nonesuch and all others out there.. I had a blast.. can't wait for the next run..
    Now all I need is the axles swapped out from the pickup to the Blazer.. Detroit locker all the way baby !!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Here are the pics.. no carnage to mention..
    Except Thomas accidentally putting diesel fuel into his Blazer.. holy smoke batman...
    Enjoy...
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/38513329oZtjjj>http://community.webshots.com/album/38513329oZtjjj</a>

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Great Pics! How did the K30 'wheel vs. the K5?

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

The K30 doesn't have as much flexibility...
    But the k30 is equipped with a detroit locker in the rear, tracloc in the front and 4.56 gears..
    The truck loved to climb.. but the long wheel base killed me.
    So.. Billy Ray.. talked me into swapping axles from pickup to Blazer and vice versa.. so here we go.. thanks Billy..
    I'll take a t-case to the chest for you anyday.. but I won't take a bullet /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

will you be ready for a trip on june 1. i will be off that weekend and the next weekend i am going to louisiana. hope billy ray is ready by then. so how is the progress going billy. will you be ready???

5. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

by the way, nice pics rocko, or should i thank the misses.

6. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

nice pics bro!

looks like you guys had a blast. wish i could have been there.

ric

7. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

HEY ROCKO NICE PICS. I JUST WANTED TO THANKS FOR TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM (IN THE CHEST). WELL I GUESS IF THE ARMY CAN STAMP YOU WHY CAN'T A GRADE 8 BOLT FROM A DOUBLER AS IT FALLS FROM THE JACK TO YOUR CHEST. HEY GUYS I WILL BE READY SOON I JUST NEED THE BUILD MY CROSSMEMBERS.

8. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

i'll prob be up for june 1st. let me know if your going to go.

9. JMZ

JMZ Registered Member

Could I play with yall at the slab with open diffs? Or would I just get pissed off?

10. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

OPEN DIFF. IS JUST FINE FOR THE SLAB. YOU COULD HAVE FUN ALL DAY. NOW A LIFT IS ALMOST A MUST DUE TO HIGH WATER AT TIMES THAT WILL NEED TO BE CROSSED.

11. JMZ

JMZ Registered Member

I`d like to come up there with yall someday. Where exactly is it? I am an hour south of Austin.

12. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

well jmz, check out my page and you will see what open diff's can do. if you are an hour south of austin then you probably have a 2 hour drive to the slab. correct me if i am wrong

13. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Still trying to make a trip, let me know when the next one is!!!

14. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I'm going to put in for this day...
    No problem Billy.. glad we're one step closer to getting your truck up and running again.
    Cass wheeled the snot out of his truck with open diffs... impressed the heck out of me..
    See you all there.. i'm going to put in for a few day's off.. and maybe camp out there this time.

15. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Nice pics Rocko!

Yea, yea, yea, I did the 'ole Diesel dumbass maneuver /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif ...... I still can't believe I did that. The truck seemed to run pretty well, barring a few backfires and stalls, even with 1/3 diesel in the tank.... LOL

I already swapped the plugs out, and will be replacing the power valve this afternoon.

Here's a link to the pics I took out there <a target="_blank" href=http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/stoopalini/lst?.dir=/Friends/Slab_0502&amp;.src=ph&amp;.order=&amp;.view=t&amp;.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/>Slab Pics</a>

So when's the next run going to be? I should have my rear disc conversion complete in about 2 weeks, and will be dying to test it out /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Thanks again to everyone for a great trip ... (and for not ragging on me too hard about the diesel bit /forums/images/icons/wink.gif)

Thomas.

16. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Thomas.. Cassidy is planning one for June 1st...
    Can ya make it?

17. Stoopalini

Hmmm, June 1st, huh? I may be able to make that.
    If I can get the rear disc conversion done this Sun-Mon, I'll be there.

Thomas.

18. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Thomas.. hope you can join us again.. was good to see you.. been along time since we've done anything together.
    How about you and Karen, Pam and I shoot some pool shis weekend.. say Saturday..

19. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

more details on slab run. first off, the time to meet will be a 10:30 at the slab. rocko, can you handle the personnel coming from austin? i am planning on camping out overnight. those personnal planning on camping, don't forget firewood and essentials that you will need. interested offroaders in the central texas areas, killen, fort hood, copperas cove e-mail me at superstomper1981@aol.com so we can arrange a time and place to meet. hope to have a good turn-out and can't wait to get back on the slab. for pics of the last run click on link below.

20. Stoopalini

Rocko, I hope I will be able to join you too, it's always a great time out at the slab! Hopefully, I will have the rear disc conversion complete by then......

We should get together sometime this weekend. I sent you a PM, did you get it?

June 1st, alright, it's going on my calendar now! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Thomas.