Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slave Cyl. or Clutch???***FIXED***

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by COCHEV, Sep 19, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

lately its been getting harder to put my rig into gear either at a stop or between gears and then this morning i went to leave for work and i couldn't even put it in gear. i have a feeling its the slave cyl. but no one else in the house is awake yet to push the pedal in for me while i look the thing /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

also, if i understand the other post i read on bleeding the deal. you take the master cyl of and turn it so you can gravety blead the thing. or should bolt it up and blead it like a brake system?

2. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Re: Slave Cyl. or Clutch???

update, sort of. had the wife push the clutch in and out and it looks like the damn thing is moving to me. i can get it into gear now but its not smooth. Grrrrrrrr.

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Put in a new Slave Cyl ($75 from napa) and it seems to be shifting smoothly now. well, smooth for a 465 anyways /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

also, as for bleeding it. i was dreading this after all the posts i read on what a P.I.A. it is. well, i must have got lucky cause i gravety bled it in 2 shots and was done. seems to work fine (i'm knocking on wood as i type this /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)