Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sleep Apnea Surgery Recovery - anyone else have sleep apena?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dhcomp, Dec 23, 2006.

1. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Ok, so im the total non-stereotypical sleep apnea patienet. I'm 21, 5'11" 160lbs, in decent shape.

Was diagnosed with sleep apnea about a year and a half ago, when i slept walked out a 2nd story window (ouch for the camry i landed on :haha:).

I was put on CPAP (constant positive airway pressure ) breathign system at night, but i always pulled it off in my sleep. Next best option was surgery.

Anyways, on wednesday, i had surgery to try and cure the problem. I had my adnoids removed, tonsils removed, soft pallet altered, and my tounge moved forward (GTA, geneoglasus (sp?) advancement).

So now im recovering. Worst pain is done with, but now im just swollen and drooling and everything, its a pretty sight.

Anyways, im dope'd up on narcotics, sorry if this post is rambling, but anyone else have sleep apnea or have any surgery to try and correct it?

merry christmas everyone!

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My step son had it but is fine now after having his adnoids and tonsils out, sounds like you'll be fine good luck...

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Both the wife and I do, but that's partially weight and partially bad noses. :dunno:

Hope all goes well for you -- drugged over the holidays can be ... odd.

-- A

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I get a consistent boner at 4 am, does that count? :D

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i have a bit of it i think, my father in law shelled out 30 000 to lazer the back of his head and yada yada, still has to wear the mask....nice investment dad