Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sleep Number

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by readymix, Dec 8, 2004.

1. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Anyone here have a Sleep Number bed. We just recieved our 7000 today and i am looking forward to it tonight after a few more beers.

Seems to be pretty comfortable especially compared to our 15Yo matress set we had.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't know what my sleep number is , I can fall asleep on the floor , in my truck , on the sofa , I even fell asleep under a truck once with tools in my hand :D

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I say, never spend a lot fo money on beds and such, I've, in succesion, had, a box spring mattress on the floor combo, a free cat pee couch, and the old living room couch, and soon, a $50 old hotel couch

Spend money on quality weapons and... uuhmmm

Awww what teh **** am I talking about, good luck with your cool new bed

I've always liked rediculously soft bedss, Like Jello

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

BAHAHAHAHAHA

I got my queen bed for free from the local Comfort Inn... Apperantly they replace all their beds every couple years and just give them away... I was hoping for a King, but they were out of them when I showed up... Worked out in the end anyway, I can use my parents sheets because they have a queen bed also... Otherwise I was going to have to buy new sheets and blankets to fit a King bed :)

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Ah, RJ, you donno what you're missing. The airbeds are the shiznit ... I think it extended my marriage a coupla years, LOL. She likes mushy soft beds and I like 'em like a sheet of plywood, but we could both pick and choose at whim.

I even got one when I moved out and she kept the old one :D

-- A

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

hey, how much is a good bed anyway??? My significant is complaining, i dunno, some stuff like"Youve had that bed before me" type stuff, like 5 girls before her, :)and we need a new one.......ballpark figure????? Itsd time for new.. Jacob

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

My wife bought us a new mattress last year. This is like a sleep number bed but without the digital readout. Its a king size with the 3 inch space foam on top of it. The bill was 700 and change and that was without a new box spring, which the manufacturer recommended of course. I gotta tell you, I thought the adjustable beds were just a gimmick, but they are great!!! Wife gets her marshmallow, and I get my concrete floor, and we can "meet" in the middle when the mood strikes us. Does feel kind of weird to roll over to her side and go downhill.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I keep seeing those Memory Foam bed things advertised on TV. So I finally stopped in the matress section of a store and put my back on one. I have to say, THOSE THINGS SUCK. No idea what the hype is about but it sucked. It was way more than the matress next to it and the matress next to it was way more comfortable.

9. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

we just bought a new one. its a king something. it was 1300 bucks, and worth every damn penny. i never slept well, but this really is making a difference. now she doesnt sleep cause im snoring!!!

heres a link to the kind we got.

http://www.sleepys.com/exclusives/kingsdown.asp

i would reccomend not going cheap. you spend a lot of time in bed, so you might as well be spoiled in it!!!

10. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

we got a Tempupedic a few moths ago...its great kinda pricey but comfy :D

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thats the one. I thought they suck. To each their own I guess. Maybe I'm too light(150)?

12. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I love it but it does make your a$$ look big when you get up