Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sleep, sleep, and more sleep; at all the wrong times

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, May 27, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

The last two weeks, I have been sleeping way too much. It's like I can't sleep when it's time to sleep, yet when it's my time to work on stuff or go to work, I feel exhausted all the time.

Last night I got home from work (night job), and couldn't sleep. Finally got to sleep and got up at 7am, and needed to get ready and go up north for the weekend. I couldn't stay awake. I went back to sleep and woke up like 45 minutes ago. This has been happening way too much the last 2 weeks.

Right now, I feel like I can just lay down and sleep another 8 hours or more. It's killing me cause its wasting so much time that I need to use and get things done in.

I'm tempted to take a day and just not plan anything on purpose and see how long I sleep for, just as a test. And I'll bet I won't feel rested either.

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like you're getting a "JEEP THING" to me! :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 27, 2005
  3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Sounds like too much stress. Your body is trying to counteract the stress by shutting down. Just what my body used to do, till I started saying "F" It, no worries.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Allan was tucked all snug in his bed

While Visions of D60's danced through his head

Make sure your eating right and taking vitamins. Last time you posted about sleep deprivation it was due to friends knocking at the door IIRC. Feeling overwhelmed with upcoming and current work will muff up your sleep pattern. You run around quite a bit, might just need a break.

If it continues to get worse go have a checkup with the Doc, just make sure it aint darkshadow unless you enjoy field surgery.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you need a day off, brother.quit pushing your self.just sleep, lives don't hang in the balance. :)

6. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I find that sleeping through something important is the best rest. You get up in a goddam hurry but you are well rested.

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

After the mud races at my place were over, I took that whole week and pretty much tried to worry about nothing. I got a few small things accomplished, but mostly slept.

8. dontoe

I went through some very troubling times at work a couple of years ago and actually had to go to the doctor to try to get some help sleeping. STRESS!

He gave me a non-addictive sleeping pill prescription that really worked great. Took 'em only when I had to for a couple of weeks and they worked great. Didn't use up the whole prescription actually.

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I smell a trade opportunity.

10. dontoe

No, you can't use for your next date!!!:shame:

11. 1985K20

1985K20 1/2 ton status

I know exactly how you feel, myself i have to go fishing 6 days a week: from 4am to 1 or 2pm. While we work its full power all day t'ill you get home and then could go to sleep at 3 pm.

But if you do go to sleep at 3, then you cant sleep at night :mad: And when i try to sleep at night:Cant sleep!

This is how it starts to drain more and more energy out of your body everyday. Everyday you become a little more tired.

I tried to tuff it up before without sleeping pills: ended up not sleeping for 5 or 6 days in a row :frown1:,hospital was next,stayed there a night, they gave me good pills to knock me down ;) . slept good that night and took me like a week or so to gain enough energy to do my work days again.

Now after laying in bed for more then an hour looking at the clock: i take a sleep pill...I know it may not seem like the best option for many people but it's either that or I get totally drained out ending not being able to work :(

*Lobster Fishing is seasonal work(9 weeks a year).When season's done i manage to sleep without medication.