Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sleeping issues

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 17, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Ever had those nights you feel tired early, and go to be early, and you think as you are falling asleep, this is good, cause it will be easy to wake up early in the morning.

Then, you wake up a few hours later and can't get to sleep again until really late. :mad:

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Makes for a dreary weary next day.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Leave me alone, I'm sleeping.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

It's even worse when you sleep from 7PM till 9PM, think it's the next morning, look at your clock... Look out the window... Get completely confused, go to the living room to find your parents watching Law and Order or some gay show like that that comes on at 9PM.........

Then you can't get back to sleep once you've regained your senses and realised it's not morning, you haven't lost your mind, you're not dead, and you certainly didn't sleep for 14 hours straight...

5. mountainexplorer

I've had several times that's happened too.

I remember once back in either jr high or 9th grade, I fell asleep early. Then woke up to dim light outside of my window, saw it was like 8:00 am, jumped out of bed, started getting ready for school, then noticed my dad was kind of wondering why I was so rushed. Then I realized it was 8pm.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Try bourbon

7. mountainexplorer

That's on my off-limits list along with all other alcoholic drinks. I don't even drink coffee... never even have.

I sometimes think I have a brain issue with spurts of over-activity, where I cant get to sleep cause I have thoughts of everything from what work I need to do the next week; to the thoughts of human interactivity; to solving world problems; to where I'm going to get another Dana 60.

If I think of past thoughts, rather than future plans/ideas, I tend to find it easier to fall asleep.

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

you my friend, are addicted. i'm working on getting myself another, but have no intentions of building another rig that would need such an axle...

9. mountainexplorer

Do what I did. Once I had a bumch of extra parts around (as always anyway), but then I got a set of tires and rims from a friend... then I was like..."hmmm, maybe I'll just keep that tan '75 Blazer instead of trying to sell it, sell all the parts off it, and put it back together my way." And so my "orange Blazer" was born into what it has become today.

The Fleet started out with like 6 or 7. Now 21 is a good number. Or 20 something, I dont even know what it is now. I have another Suburban sitting that may get resurrected someday again. Ive tried almost every theme and color scheme... but I don't have anything that has a zebra striped theme yet. Something else to think about tonight instead of sleeping.

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yrah i have bad sleeping problems from being unable to sleep.
    to the worst, ill be dead tired go to bed sleep 7.5 8 hours and wake up twice as tired as when i whent to bed. like i sleeped but dident rest. THAT sucks.

i think you too many trucks cause you all the sleep problems give some to me.....

11. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

yah sleep issues suck. I also have major thought activity that keeps me up some nights. Other times when I am laying down to stretch out or be comfy, and try to seriously think about something well before I want to go to bed, I will pass right out and not even know it. LOL then wake up a couple hours later. And then go back ot thinking about way too many things when I go to bed to fall asleep. It's a vicious cycle.

12. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Darkshadow

Quote:

(yrah i have bad sleeping problems from being unable to sleep.
    to the worst, ill be dead tired go to bed sleep 7.5 8 hours and wake up twice as tired as when i whent to bed. like i sleeped but dident rest. THAT sucks.)

Not to hijack or anything,,but I also had major sleeping issues and would sleep a full night and wake up more tired than I went to bed. I would fall asleep during the day and once or twice behind the wheel. My doctor ordered a sleep study and I found out all about a common condition known as sleep apnea.

Sleep apnea is a condition in which you stop breathing at night due to an obstucted airway when your throat muscles relax and close off your airway.
    you starve for oxygen and are startled back awake. You may not fully wake up but enough to start breathing again. this cycle repeats itself all night long and your body never gets the rest it needs.

I had over 86 "episodes" per hour during my study in which I stopped breathing.
    My oxygen levels dropped to 74 %

The "cure" is I now sleep on a C-PAP machine (continous positive air pressure)
    Which is nothing more than a mask that looks like a fighter pilots with a hose that goes to a small machine that pressurizes air into my nose and mouth when I sleep.It's not oxygen just air ,,and the pressurization allows you to breathe by forcing your airway open when your muscles relax.

The results were incredible to say the least,,,I feel 1000%
    better,,have much more energy during the day and sleep like a baby all night.

If you snore or someone has told you,, "you stop breathing when you sleep"
    GO GET A SLEEP STUDY DONE,,,I can't stress enough the differance it will make in your life !!

13. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

an uncle of mine was diagnosed with sleep apnia (maybe sp is off or something but thats close) and sleeps on a machine. also uses those nasal strips. says makes a big difference. He had stopped brathing many times while sleeping. When you stop breathing in your sleep your brain gets the no air signal and kicks your but to wake up before you die. So this causes bad sleep. I agree that more people should get things like this checked out. they would sleep a lot better. I am guilty of putting it off too. :dunno:

14. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

this was back in highschool, when I would get up when it was still dark.Anyway i had gone to bed at like 6 the nite b4 cause i felt like utter crap, and woke up sometime during the night, and the hall light was on, so I got up got dressed, got my backpack, walked into the kitchen and there was my dad turning off the light staring at me like wtf are you doing. I said why are you turning off the light? Uh well it is 1am.........crap.......

Dont know why during all my getting ready I never looked at a clock. Hey I told you I didnt feel good.

15. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

bravo! I was gonna suggest a sleep study. Its covered by most HMO's, and everyone one of our patients thats had it done and gets diagnosed with sleep apnea says its 1000% better with the C-PAP machine. Can't even hear it running-so doesn't bug the significant other.

16. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I wonder how much the sleep study costs. I have no health care and am thinkin about tryin that sometime.

17. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

thanks wasted wages
    i never thing it would be that mabey that is what it is, i dont get that all the time humm ill look in to it.

my father in law has it bad, uses the air pump thing and still had it bad, i think he spent 30-40 thousand dollers to get some thing lasered??

hes in socal at least i am in canada free heath care baby!!!!

18. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

my father in law has it bad, uses the air pump thing and still had it bad, i think he spent 30-40 thousand dollers to get some thing lasered??

My brother went that route,,had his throat lasered,,,
    I don't think it worked out as good as using the machine.

I also know several people at work that have done sleep study's
    and every one of them has been put on a c-pap machine,,,

I know here in houston the cost for a sleep study (complete) is about $ 2500.00
    without health insurance,, and then there's the cost of the equipment,,
    luckily I have a good health insurance plan and the total cost for me was nothing,,including the equipment.

It seems to run in the family so if someone in your family has been diagnosed
    I would get it done,,,