Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sleeping problems...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Apr 20, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

For some reason the last few nights I can't get to sleep until around 12:00 when I go to bed at around 10:00 and read for 30 minutes (I have school to wake up early to so thats why I go to bed early) My mind is always racing at night about how I am going to make money, things about the trucks, school, my dad, and girls and stuff like that. Im young so I shouldn't take anything for it. But is there a natural way to get to sleep easier? It's really harsh because I'm always getting in trouble for yawning in class /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif The only thing I can think of is maybe im a little depressed because of my dad's situation or something. Thanks if anyone has some suggestions...

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I always turn on a movie that Ive seen alot of times. If its a new one I cant sleep because I want to see what happens. Try putting your favorite movie in before bed time. I usually watch Tombstone. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

i had the same problem i just moved my workout to latter in the day and went on a hard jog or really went at it at the gym other than that just listen to a nice slow CD (like Metallica /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) but seriously eat a lighter dinner and drink more water not caffine or lots of sugar containing drinks.

If that don't work open three budweisers and proceed to pound all three got to sleep about 20 minutes later no problem /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

1. Wear your ass out during the day. I do day labor(read: bitch work) and I'm asleep before I hit the bed. On days that I don't work hard, I have trouble sleeping.
    2. What's up with your dad? Can't be any worse than mine...least the bastard is going to jail soon... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I take sleep aid pills, they don't put you to sleep, they simply help you relax enough for you TO sleep. just not every night. no problems with them.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

My dad has terminal cancer. I would try the movie idea but I dont have a tv/vcr or DVD pplayer in my room, and the cdplayer isn't hooked up (The computer is in my room so I use that for music) But I will soon be working alot outside cleaning the yard up and trying to make grass grow in the miserable canadian dirt. Thanks for the QUICK replies /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

7. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Well, if the girlie is around I try to get some action....Nothing like suprise sexing her before bed /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Seriously though, being physically tired will put you to bed in a snap...I worked ocnstruction the other summer and workd from 6:00Am to 7:00PM everyday...I was TOAST by the time I even got in the car to drive home.

Anotherthing that helps me is a nice room spray..I got the idea from my girl..She always "sets the mood" on date nights and sprays this girlie ralaxing spray in the room, I swear it is the most calming sh!t EVER!

Chirs

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Got Whiskey??? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I agree with Chris, a soaking between a pair of warm thighs will knock ya out like nothing else! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

You could try smoking a couple before bed, that should work /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif j/k /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Actually, sorry to hear about your dad. I have had problems sleeping for several years. I have opted to use Tylenol PM 30 minutes before bed if needed, seems to help. My doctor said for me to shut down the TV and Computer about 1 hr before bed. Dont think about projects, sit outside for a few or try to think about nothing. Helps clear the mind. If you want to read, you should do it somewhere else besids the bed. That should be used for two things, sleeping and sex.

You said you have class in the morning. When I was in college, the best sleeping aid I had was my textbooks. Open one of those before bed and I was out in 5 minutes /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Stay up, sleep when tired, [darn] all else

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You said you have class in the morning. When I was in college, the best sleeping aid I had was my textbooks. Open one of those before bed and I was out in 5 minutes /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Well thanks for the help. I am going to try to get my self tired from working today. THanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My doctor said for me to shut down the TV and Computer about 1 hr before bed. Dont think about projects, sit outside for a few or try to think about nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmmmmm....... I don't know about that... I set the sleep timer on my TV for 1 hour after I go to bed. I usually fall asleep within 15 minutes, but I don't get to sleep as fast when it's dark and quiet in my room... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

And lying in bed is usually when my greatest ideas come to me... It's hard not to think about stuff going on in your life when there's nothing else to do too... My bed is where I actually sit down and seriously ponder either moving to Colorado and getting residency, enlisting and going to University of Wyoming for free, or going to the community college on my own checkbook... Also where I fantasize about how awesome it's going to be when I actually get my lift kit on the Exploder... and a safari basket... and all that other junk... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And lying in bed is usually when my greatest ideas come to me... It's hard not to think about stuff going on in your life when there's nothing else to do too... My bed is where I actually sit down and seriously ponder either moving to Colorado and getting residency, enlisting and going to University of Wyoming for free, or going to the community college on my own checkbook... Also where I fantasize about how awesome it's going to be when I actually get my lift kit on the Exploder... and a safari basket... and all that other junk...

[/ QUOTE ]

You youngins....
    When you start getting to my age your thinking...
    Am I going to wake up in the morning?
    It will be day three...am I going to have a bowel movement tomorrow?
    What the hell was I suppose to do before I went to bed?
    Did I put the dog to bed and let the wife out?
    /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    And lying in bed is usually when my greatest ideas come to me... It's hard not to think about stuff going on in your life when there's nothing else to do too... My bed is where I actually sit down and seriously ponder either moving to Colorado and getting residency, enlisting and going to University of Wyoming for free, or going to the community college on my own checkbook... Also where I fantasize about how awesome it's going to be when I actually get my lift kit on the Exploder... and a safari basket... and all that other junk...

[/ QUOTE ]

You youngins....
    When you start getting to my age your thinking...
    Am I going to wake up in the morning?
    It will be day three...am I going to have a bowel movement tomorrow?
    What the hell was I suppose to do before I went to bed?
    Did I put the dog to bed and let the wife out?
    /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif