Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sleeping sucks.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eightyone, Nov 7, 2005.

1. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

anyone know if its possible to condition your body to not need as much sleep? i definatly dont sleep enough, but i can always feel it. i wish there was a way to take a 2 hour rest a night and be fully energized every day. im not talkin 10 cups of coffee and caffiene pilsl either, cuz you still feel liek crap, a shaking wired type of crap. i want to feel energetic, like i could do anyhtign at anytime and only need sleep from 4-6am. that would be sooo sweet.

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you find a way, do us all a favor and don't let anyone else know. The new standard would be 16 hour work days.

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Methamphetamines.:eek:

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

All I get is 2-5 hours..

I'm lucky if I can sleep between two to five hours a "night"..I'm kept awake by my eldery mother,who has always been up late ,until 2 am most of the time--then when she finally goes to bed,her snoring ,and coughing from her emphasema keeps my from getting a sound sleep for more than a few hours..(my room is right across the hall from hers.. :mad: )..

I've tried sleeping elsewhere,but I find I don't sleep much better--if I go to bed at 3am,I'm usually awake at 7-8 am,despite only having slept a few hours!...and no,I don't drink coffee ,only tea,and no drugs or amphetamines (speed) either!...

Depression and anxiety often disrupt sleep patterns..I have both,thanks to being stuck here with her,and being out of work..even when things were rosy,I've always been that way,its become a ay of life-I'm used to it now... :rolleyes:

I know one guy who lives on No-Doz pills,he works 2 jobs and is awake 20 hours a day..has been doing it for years..but one day he'll keel over,then where will all that money he made gotten him?..They just need to make days 48 hours ilong ,instead of 24,then we'd have plenty of time to do everything.. :p:

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I am 31 , and can still live on little sleep . Of course I catch up and sleep in sometimes , or hit it early sometimes . Usually still go to bed around 1 am and get up at 6:30 am :D

6. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

yeah i don't sleep much eaither, sometimes i go two or three days without sleep...i'll get sooo tired and swear i could fall asleep standing up. but for some reason as soon as my head hits the pillow, i'm wide awake.

but lately i've been doing a little better. usually sleep about 3 hrs a night.

7. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

sleep is way over rated :crazy:

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sleep whan you're dead.

9. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Power naps for 20 minutes to recharge.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I just got up after a nice 13 hour nap

11. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

Watch "The Machinist" you sleep refusers!

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

No chit mang, good movie....:wink1:

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

same here, but i'm only 25. you old fart! :D

the key is a short nap in the later afternoon/early evening. 30 minutes or so

14. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

i can go on little sleep, but if i sit down for long im screwed gotta be moving around. I have a horrible time getting out of bed too, alarm clock, then stereo, then cell phone, and i still usually hit the snooze 3 times

15. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

I hate sleeping. I feel like I'm being robbed of my life.

Do the math, you're "supposed" to get 8 hrs of sleep a night. Figure you live to be 100yrs old and you've slept 33 YEARS!

33 yrs.... I can do a lot in 33 yrs. But unfortunetly you cannot go on zero hours of sleep. But if you just cut it in half and sleep 4 hrs a night you get to live an extra 16 years!

Personally I've been on the anti sleeping wagon for years. I've trained my body to work well off of 3-4 hrs of sleep a day. And at any time I want. Got nothing to do for a few hours, I'll take my daily nap and get it out of the way!

Ofcourse I am sure that this is all going to catch up to me somehow. Shorter lifespan? maybe. I do look like I'm about 10 years older than I really am. Degrading of Mental stability? possibly. I do seem to get crazier and crazier as time progresses.

But who wouldn't want an extra 16 years of wheeling in the K5?

16. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i feel like i havent sleeped in a year, but i am not that skinny.

if you want to get better sleep NO coffie or any type of upper, coke ect. and no downers eather licour sleeping pills, sleep in a patteren go to bed at the same time get up at the same time, it would help

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i love my bed. :D if i had my way ,and i will when i retire. A.M. will never exist. i HATE getting up.i'll live from 12 PM till 11.59 PM. :bow: i'm not a farmer so there is no reason for me to be up early. :laugh:

18. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Are you insane? Sleep is so important to your health.

I fell like sh*t if I get less than 9 hours.... usually I get between 7 and 8 during weekdays and make up for it on the weekends.

19. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Call me a golden boy, but I need at least 9 hours a night, or I look like I just spent a week in a war zone...

I used to be a night owl, staying up till 4 am, then getting up at 7 all the time. I now go to bed around 11:30 - 12:00, and get up at 9:00 in the morning, suddenly my grades are about double what they used to be (made sure I don't have a class in the morning, so I can sleep in) and I just feel more motivated, and just generally better than before. Far less irritable too, lol

20. aldrichg9

aldrichg9 Registered Member

I love to sleep,
    but I just worked 27 straight hours yesterday
    so I don't get to sleep much