Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slider Glass

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by daleearnhardt01, Jul 11, 2004.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Well one of my slider windows is busted. Specifically the rear portion of the driver side. Is it two pieces of glass to make up the whole window ie, can I just replace the rear busted part?

2. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I just pulled one off my parts truck and I think it would be easier to just replace the whole window. Not sure on the cost thing though. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I am going to sell my slider for like $75can which is a fair price. Gives you something to go on anyways. Couldn't tell you what just the one window would cost you.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

If you have a U-pull-it salvage yard nearby, I'd say talk a walk around it and you could probably just pickup a new window. I got both mine from a local place and IIRC I paid the same that Paxx is offering his for.

Or if you get a chance check out the Tidewater Trading Post. When I lived in Virginia Beach, it was a great source for cheap parts.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't know if you are interested or not but this would be an ideal time to swap over to solid 1 piece windows....they are quieter, can't be broken into (without breaking the glass) and look a whooolllle lot better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

gotta learn to tie them tires down man........

6. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    gotta learn to tie them tires down man........

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats fine Chris Ill admit....One of my 37 BFGs shifted on a curve and hit the glass.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif