Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slider question

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by teamhickman, Apr 17, 2005.

1. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

Aug 28, 2004
    Well, after searching and reading every post I could find on sliders I have a question. Most that I have seen or read about are either attached to the frame or are replacements for the existing rocker. Some were attached to both the body and the frame, not something I agree with but “to each his own"

The question I have is could you simply stitch weld 1 or 2 Pcs of tube or even solid rod to the existing rocker? I would think this would transfer the load over a greater area and prevent the rocker from collapsing? I guess it would be similar to what they do on Jeeps….attached directly to the body at multiple points.

I realize there is a substantial weight difference between Jeeps and our blazers but I’m curious if anyone has given this method any thought?

I’m probably way off base, but I thought I would ask. :dunno:

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Apr 20, 2004
    There's a product review that I read about and used as a guideline for attaching my sliders. The only thing I would have done different is use 2x4 instead of 2x3.

Click --> 4x4 Armor Rock Sliders

So far I haven't had much of a chance to try them out. Mine are 1/4" wall. I have come done hard on one side once and I can't see any damage.