Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slider Window Seals

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by daleearnhardt01, Nov 11, 2003.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Hey yall the side windows are leaking when it rains heavily. When I go back to see where its comin in, it seems to be wet in that felt channel where the glass slides. Any ideas on how hard it is to replace that felt stuff and should I replace all the rubber/seals on the windows while Im in there?. Ive heard that the felt from LMC is bad so I guess Id have to get it from GM or a glass shop.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

My sliders (before I went with solid windows) had bad seals on them, but they didn't leak. IIRC, there are small drains in the channels, make sure they aren't plugged up.

3. daleearnhardt01

What do I need to do to check that, remove any glass or is it in plain sight? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

The drains should be in the lower channel piece in plain view, there is like 2 or 3 of them thru the whole length of the slider.

5. daleearnhardt01

Cool I think thats the problem, theres lots of crap in the channel. Ill give it a looksee this wknd. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif