Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sliders for a burb

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by sled_dog, Jul 24, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Who sells them? I rarely pay attention the burb stuff /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif. I am planning on selling my DD and going back to driving my burb, want to make it a little capable. Seems the rockers would be quite vulnerable on the thing.

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

contact DP90K5, he made a set for a burb and I have his for the Willy's and they are bombproof and beefy!

(12 more days!!!!)

3. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have been loking for some but I think building them myself is the best option. I would ask someone who already builds them to make me a set but us postal service probly wont send them /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif owell a reson to plaz with a welder /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

blazin91 built my sliders

[​IMG]

I've landed on them a couple of times and they've held up extremly well.

5. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

I had DP90K5 build some for my burb. I don't have any pics of them mounted on the truck yet. They really help to climb
    up in the truck. I'm going to get him to build a rear winch bumper next and then one to replace the front. I highly recommend Daniel for his quality work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

how do you guys atach your sliders? bolt to the frame or is it intergrated to the rockers? how is it atached to the frame? any pic? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Though this may not help anybody in the near future, I am going to fab my own sliders eventually. When I do, I'll make a dimensioned drawing available of the final design so that anybody who is looking at making their own, can.

8. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Mine attach to the body right along the outside edge. If you look under there you'll see where the body has it's own frame work seperate of the regular frame.

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i have thought of ataching them there but also thought that if they take a good hit wont they still smack in the body? is there really that much flex in this area that you couldent atach it to the frame? mabey with an 11/2" of clearance? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Mine attach to the body supports and I have a side support going to the frame, but I mounted 1/2" of rubber in between the support and frame. I've flexed it out pretty hard a could of time to try and break something on purpose and haven't yet.

11. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I've had to get out and check mine because I hit them so hard I was sure I screwed something up. Still nothing more than dents and scratches. The only thing I did different from the K5 guys was to put twice as many mounts. Everyone in the club thought it was overkill. I believe they're perfect. Also, I've never pushed them up into the body. I just got my tubing bender in the mail last month. In a couple more weeks I'll be able to start making some. /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

whats the chances of a pic from the underside? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Here are a couple pics of mine

Body mount, there are 3 per side:
    [​IMG]

Frame mount with rubber cushion:
    [​IMG]

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

sweet thanks tazz they hold up good eh? ok so now i know they will /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

a couple weeks ago i was up in utah and talked to a guy with a 91 sub and he made his own, really simple really beefy. just bolted right up to the frame, had 2" tube coming off of the 6" square plate (that was bolted to the frame) and bigger tubing under the rockers then he had a guy here in vegas bend up a set of tube steps for them. they looked awesome, im gonna make a pair asap! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif