Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sliders

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crazyrc, May 6, 2003.

1. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

Has anyone seen a set of 4x4iron sliders on a pick-up. I've got a shortbox and I'm thinking about picking up a set. Tim says that he usually just builds a two piece for pick ups. What do you guys think.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Tim knows what he is doing. I imagine you need the seperate pieces because the gap and body flex between the cab and bed. He builds his stuff tough and it works. I have seen several sets of his sliders on Blazers and they are very good. They require you cut the rocker boxes out and weld the slider in in there place, but if you want fullon trail protection his sliders are it.

Denver75K5 rolled his truck part way off a mountain ledge (caught by trees) and a friend of his winched his truck back up and over onto its wheels using his sliders as the winch point. They aren't really designed or condoned as a winch point, but they worked and held up.

TJ's truck was pretty big too. 1 ton & 38's.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

wow, i didnt know the 4x4 iron sliders where cut-the-rocker-out style... thats pretty tight. I am gonna do a rocker beef (ala offroad.com style) myself... but its cool that some pro fabber peeps are finally making a slider system that actually gains you clearance!

j

4. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

I have a set of 4x4iron sliders on my Jimmy and there tuff! I would buy them again for my next Jimmy/Blazer.