Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sliding Glass Runner Seal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Wheels, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

I've been looking around for runners for the side sliding glass in the top. (Some have full glass and some have sliding glass with deflectors, like mine). The runners are shot in mine and leak when I hit it with the power washer. Chevy doesn't sell the runners but they will sell me a complete window assembly for $425 per side. Classic Chevrolet here in OKC can't find them at all. Any one have any idea where to find them?? Thanks.

2. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    i think ive seen them somewhere before. Let me do some research and I'll get back.

sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

My runners are in good shape, but the windows still leak if I spray them down at the car wash. I asked a local glass guy about it and he said that the drain holes might be plugged, keeping the water in the rails and forcing the water to draiin into the truck instead of out of the truck. He also recommended applying a small bead of clear silicone where to where the aluminum window frame pieces meet on the inside(middle of the frame at the between the two window panes). That's where the water looks like it gets in on my 84.

<font color=blue> NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>