Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sliding hard top windows

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mrprex, Apr 9, 2000.

1. mrprex

mrprex Registered Member

I had an idea about swapping the existing full windows in my Blazer with sliding ones found in the earlier eighties models. Mine is a '88. Are the measurements the same and can I find them without having to rip them out of another top? Thanks in advance.

2. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status

The windows are the same any year you get and yes you can find some yards wiling to sell the windows . One thing you might think about is security . Some guys have posted here that the rigs are easier to break in to with these windows .

3. mrprex

mrprex Registered Member

Thanks a bunch. I will see what kind of locking devices are out there to overcome the security thing but I usually don't leave anything in there for someone to steal(excpet for the Blazer itself, hehe)

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I've got slats of wood down in the track of the windows to prevent theft... this is the same technique used on sliding patio doors. I just thought I'd throw that in there.

.Riz.

It's always fun till someone losses an eye....then it's just blind fun.

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I love my sliding windows on my Jimmy. I have an '87 with them and it's nice to open all the windows and get the air flow'n. My friend's Blazer got broken into through the sliding windows, but nothing was taken. I never thought about a piece of wood to put in the tracks. GOOD IDEA, I'll have to get on that. Later

"Crutch" Huckins
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)

6. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I love my side windows on my 79' to. They get a nice breeze going when on the road. and I have this patio window locks on each of them that make it hard near impossible to open by a thief