Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sliding window Latch's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eagle86K5, Apr 10, 2000.

1. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Sliding window Latch\'s

Surprises of surprises...I just got a package fron U.P.S. from Southco it was the latch sample I ordered, now I told them I only needed one, to fix the Blazer. The sample package has 10 samples in it!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe a Company would do something like that, I am going to fire off a letter of thanks to them, and reference this site.

Unbelievable...and who said there was no free lunch anymore. My hat is off to these folks! Anybody need a latch they are the ones to go to part number is 07-10-201-12. You get both pieces with holes already drilled.

For anyone wanting a set just email southco and ask for a sample http://www.southco.com<font color=blue>

2. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Re: Sliding window Latch\'s

Can't hurt to have an extra one! Sure send one along. whadya think $1 for shipping?

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Ya might as well have a set...just send along the snail mail address and I will throw a set in there....

4. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Steve88- Since I do not need all 10 of the samples they sent I will send you 2 of them along with 2 to BillR who asked for a set. Anyone else just ask Southco for a sample and they will send you 10 as well...

http://www.southco.com<font color=blue>
    <font color=black> the part number is 07-10-201-12

5. Re: Sliding window Latch\'s

I got the same results as Eagle.
    I got a pretty little bag of ten latches if anyone needs a few!

6. Blaize

Blaize Registered Member

You guys GO !!! I started this whole SouthCo thing a few weeks ago, and it sure has turned out well ! It cost me $15.00 for a pair of the "standard" replacement latches ($1.65 ec) and a pair of the "secondary latch" latches ($2.15 ea), along with shipping charges.

The secondary latch on the website looked close in dimensions to the standard ones, but the extra latching interested me. Anyways, the secondary latches could be used, but not with the existing pawl catch. So, you'd need to replace both of the pieces (real simple) and keep the existing 4 holes.... Mine were riveted to the frame of the window, so I made the job simple by using the standard latches.

I'm glad to hear that we may have just reduced some possible break-ins to our rides !!! [Oh, by the way, I gave the pair of secondary
    latch latches to my brother-in-law, who just bought a '72 F&%D pick-up, should've seen his wife's face !]

Blaize

7. Re: Sliding window Latch\'s

Blaize definitely deserves mad thanks for that!

I pulled out the dremmel for the backs of those rivets and bought some new machine screws for the new catch. Not too much work!

8. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Eagle, Steve, anybody else...got any details on this mod? Anybody here still remember this?

The part number looks to be obsolete or have been reassigned unless I'm completely not understanding how this would work:

http://www.southco.com/product/part.aspx?pid=89

9. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I remember these. I sent off for a "sample" and got nothing. These are for the latches on the sliding side windows of a K5 or the rear window of a p-up. I hope I am helping, I don't intend to be a smartass all the time (contrary to my wife's thinking).

10. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I got what I ordered, but either they screwed up or I did, as I got the "base" portion, which is the part that never breaks. :)

I called and spoke with someone there, that's how I got mine.