Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sliding window question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by littlejimmythatcould, Apr 9, 2006.

1. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

Has anyone swapped sliding windows from an 80s model blazer into a 1974 or earlier jimmy or blazer with the solid side windows? Is it a direct swap or should I just forget it? I found a 1985 blazer with the removable half top with the sliding side windows for $200 and I need to know if it will work. Also any installation tips/tricks from anybody whose done the swap would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the rush, I have till tuesday to get it. :eek1: Thanks for your time.

Todd

2. duanel

duanel Registered Member

According to the lmc catalog they will fit with the stock rubber for the earlier year.

3. littlejimmythatcould

"lmc catalog"? The only reason I ask is if it something I can buy to help in the future. So they'll fit? Cool because the guy is on the way over here with it right now. So is it just a matter of removing the rubber seals and replacing the windows? Thanks for your response.:bow:

4. duanel

duanel Registered Member

lmctrucks.com in their blazer catalog on page 57 they have replacement sliding windows and there it says they can be used on earlier trucks. Also on the page with the windshield is a plastic tool that could come in handy. There catalog is now downloadable but I got a hard copy (before they offered it by download but when I got the catalog it said it was now downloadable) and use it to judge which parts fit which years.

5. littlejimmythatcould

I am a little nervous removing the windows myself so I went and spoke with a body/ window shop and they said they'd do it for $125 and it will take about a day. Does that sound like a good idea? I don't want to risk breaking the solid panes that are in my top right now. I think it will be a good swap so that my dog can stick his head out those side windows instead of sitting on me or my wife's laps to stick his head out ( he's a lab puppy and is getting way too big to sit on laps). Cool. Hey I sure do appreciate your time and help. I am thinking that I will take them this week to get them swapped or make an appointment to get them swapped. I'll post up some pics when I git-r-done!:usaflag: Thanks.

Todd