Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slight hesitation right off the line

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by weisel, Apr 28, 2002.

1. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

When I just barly touch the gas to go (like after a stop sign and not in a hurry), the engine hesitates. What could it be?

2. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

check your vaccum. mine was doing the same thing and i found out the carb had a vaccum leak in it. also got a vaccum check valve and put it be tween the carb and the distrbuter. make sure the vaccum check valve is open towards the carb and not the distributor

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

accelerator pump
    what carb?

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

EFI or CARB??? If it is EFI...I just got over this problem, it was my EGR valve. The EGR was the original and was all cruded up so the valve was sticking open just a tad at idol and would fully open to early when I would give the truck a little gas; at about 1000-1300RPM and would make the truck run lean, I bought a new EGR and the truck purrs now.

5. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

It is a stock quadrajet. I don't know if I even have an egr valve. Really, a check valve in the vacume line to the distributor. I thought it was suppose to have vacume/not have vacume, depending on the engine load and speed. Really, a check valve? After school today, I'll check the accelorator pump, make sure it is pumping right when the gas is touched, and not delaying slightly.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

When my dist. was messed up (stuck advance weights) in neutral, if I floored it, and kept my foot in it, I could stall the truck. From a light, if I started rolling slowly, then floored it, it wouldn't bog. Any quick apply of the pedal from a stop would result in bog/stall/backfire.

I'd check into timing. I've got my vac advance hooked to ported vac., with no check valve, and it runs fine. Guy just last week on the car list went from manifold vac to ported vac and solved his low end sluggishness.