Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slight rant, Free Chevy 350 opportunity lost!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Feb 6, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

May 8, 2001
    I went out for some quick groceries last night at about 11:30. On the way home I happened to detour down junk yard row (what I call our local street of yards). Occasionally, people leave junkers with hidden diamonds in them along the road... Like last week, there was a '78 K10 left out totally stripped but still with a solid steering box and column, that I didn't get a chance to grab...

Well, last night as I'm driving along, I see no vehicles out, but I'm driving along anyway. Lo and behold, there's a friggin '87+ Chevy 350 sitting on it's side, missing the flywheel, intake manifold and accessories. Of course, I have no way whatsoever to get it, and I've been searching for a '87+ block and heads to rebuild for months now.

Essentially, I had to leave it there. I'm going to go back to check it out more and try to take off the heads tonight and see if it rotates, but I doubt it will still be there. Basically, I just want the heads right now, I don't care much for the block itself, I found a running '91 350 for my K5 already. But I'm still looking for a block to rebuild... If I could only transport this thing!

But doesn't that just suck?? Exactly what I'm looking for and it's dangling right in front of me with no way to transport it...

CK5 album
    Your ad here.
  2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Apr 25, 2001
    aww man, I hear you on that one... there are few things that are as horrible as losing out on a part sitting out in the `free' territory, with no way to actually get your hands on it. I missed out on windows for my suburban that way twice... I saw the trucks sitting out front of the local pick a part, and by the time I could muster a couple of friends up to go pry them out at night, they'd been pulled inside the yard. oh well, I finaly accquired windows, at least, so I;m somewhat happy.

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>