Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slightly different approach to front 52's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thedrip, Mar 24, 2005.

1. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

Dec 13, 2003
    I'm looking to do my 52" swap, but a little bit different from everyone else. I'm going to push the front spring mount 3.5" forward, only moving the axle centerline 1/2" forward. With a 7" shackle in the back, I should end up with a pretty good shackle angle from this, and I don't have to move the rear shackle pivot forward in the frame to get it. Anyone see any problems with this, or maybe someones done it before, and has pictures of where everything ended up at?

Also I have a set of stock 52" leaves, which I took out the (broken) shortest leaf, and the overload, and I have a set of 2" lift 52" leaves which I did the same too. Both are 4 spring packs now. I'm thinking the 2" lift up front, and the stock out back (I have a shackle flip and a long shackle). Thinking the weight of the engine up front will require the slightly stiffer, higher arched springs to keep the truck level. And if its too short out back, I can toss a small block in or a zero rate to get it level.