Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slip Yoke Conversion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Dec 13, 2000.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever heard of or seen a kit to convert the slip yoke on the 208 t-case to a fixed yoke? Was wanting to run dual cv joints, but without the fixed yoke, I'm kinda stuck. Something like the one for the NP231, like all the Wranglers use?? Thanks, just wondering...

Keith

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Hey Kevin, try this link to High Angle Drivelines...
    [url/http://commerce.prodigybiz.com/customer/h/highangledriveline/contact.html]

I think you can get by using your slip yoke, High Angle has a double CV rear shaft that is slip jointed to go to your 208. But if not, there are slip yoke eliminator kits available for the 241, don't know about the 208 though. Maybe call Parts Mike (530-885-0673), he'll know for sure.

ken

3. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Dang, I don't know how to use the hot link thingy...just copy and paste the url in your address screen!!!

ken

4. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

5. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Ok, thanks Ken, I will try around. I remember the time I broke the rear driveshaft off out at Whitewater (by Palm Springs) and I had to drive home in 4x4 on the front axle! I had duct taped some rags and stuff to try to keep the fluid in the case, what a b*tch!! All the way home, I would stop every ten miles or so and check it...all this while PULLING MY BROTHER'S SAND RAIL AND TRAILER!! It was not fun! I decided that if I could get a slip yoke eliminator for it, at least I could avoid that mess! As of right now, I keep several old spray paint can lids in the truck for that purpose, you just duct tape it over the tailshaft hole and it fits pretty good...

6. I think a 241 will bolt in place of a 208,they were in the later model K5's.They do sell an eliminator kit for it.Also rhe early 80's ramchargers used a fixed yolk 208,its been on the board a few times but no one knows if you can use the tail houseing on the gm model.I've been looking for one to see what it would take.

7. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

there is a nice short shaft conversion for the 241 t case its about 325.00$ - give me a ring-