Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slip Yoke Replacement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ignato, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Ignato

Ignato Registered Member

It turns out that my slip yoke (the piece between the transfer case and the driveshaft) is heavily worn, and needs to be replaced VERY soon. I think I have the 4 inch suspesion lift to blame for that. And probably also the time the ujoint came apart on the freeway going about 75 mph, and the entire driveshaft shot out across the freeway... *sigh* good times..hehe.
    But I was curious if y'all new of a place that I could get JUST a yoke for preferably cheap (junk yards will only sell the entire diveshaft), and places like desert rat doesn't do anything like that. And how much you think something like that might cost? Thanks for any help!!!

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just about any driveline repair shop should be able to get you one. I know Six States here in Portland does them. I paid about $50 for one under an account.

3. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I've got one I would sell you. PM me if you are interested, $20 plus the ride.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

agreed, just get one from a ck5'er whos gone fixed yoke. I have a 208 slip yoke layin around if you want it.

j

5. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Your fellow CK5'ers sound like your best bet. Otherwise, I had to replace mine just a few months ago. I bought it from the local Napa store. They actually had like 3 or 4 of them on the shelf. That may not be the case for you but they can surely order one. Ours has a machine shop so they keep that kind of stuff in stock. It was like 45 or 50 bucks. About twice as much as the aboove by the sounds of it!!! HINT HINT

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

They are $98.00 from the Chevy dealer here.. The Napa store nor any of the other parts stores carry them. And they can't get them..

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I think I have the 4 inch suspesion lift to blame for that. And probably also the time the ujoint came apart on the freeway going about 75 mph, and the entire driveshaft shot out across the freeway... *sigh* good times..hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there, done that! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

My slip yoke cracked the instant it hit the highway though. I payed $20 for one at the yard.

8. Ignato

Ignato Registered Member

Wow...20 bucks. Thats AWESOME. I haven't had much time to deal with it lately, but I think I might check the napa stores around here. And if that doesn't work, begin inquiring other ck5ers. The junk yards around here seem to wanna just sell the entire driveshaft assembly. Thanks for all your help everyone! I love this site..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif