Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slip-yoke to Fixed-yoke on a NP205

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boss, Nov 15, 2000.

1. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Are there any companies out there that sells something that will allow you to convert an NP205 with a slip-yoke to a fixed-yoke? Or, are there an easier and cheaper way of doig this? I don't like the idea of finding a 205 with a fixed and swapping that in. I currently have a 205 mated to a TH350 and the 205 has a slip-yoke. I want to convert that to a fixed yoke. Thanks in advance
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

2. Boss

3. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

call glen - 337-527-1044 ,jess

4. Boss

Jesse,

Wondering if you could be a bit more elaborate on who this guy is I'm calling? Is it a business? Friend? Or a person you know who owns lots of 205s? or if he sells the part that answers my questions??????????? Or whatever??? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Thanks
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

5. wstolar

wstolar Registered Member

Boss,

I enquired about this about one month ago. Do a search on this list and you should find it. If I recall correctly you can do the conversion with the t/c in the truck. I think I saw a picture of this at Off-Road.com in the GM section. I don't recall whose truck it was. I have a slip yoke also, and am currently looking for a fixed yoke case. From what I was told, the case can be from a standard or auto tranny application. If you find anything else out I'd appreciate if you'd post it here, as I plan to do the conversion also, thanks.

Hope that helps,
    Walter

6. misfit

misfit 1/2 ton status

hey boss, if you call that number youll get a price quote of 350 for the needed parts. i called bout 3 weeks ago. im going to get a 205 from a 69-72 blazer/truck, those came behind th350s. only thing is they dont use front cv's on the front driveshaft

7. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

hey boss this is glen burnett- of bayougeep louisianna- he knows what it takes to do this conversion- he own's the buis - and will take the time to help- tell him jesse from high angle driveline sent ya- he's a freind too- one of 5 i have- let me know boss how it goes-jess