Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Slotted and Cross Drilled rotors, who makes quality ones?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Apr 29, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

This isn't for a K5 or truck, rather a C4 Corvette. I need slotted and crossdrilled rotors for a C4 Vette with 13" rotors. But I only need front ones. I found plenty of them on Ebay, but they are kits that have all 4 rotors, and how much can I really trust 4 rotors for $120??

So anyone have experience with a specific company's slotted and crossdrilled rotors?

2. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Doug Rippie motorsports. He's not cheap but he races what he sells:wink1:
    George
    www.dougrippie.com

3. Element

Element 1/2 ton status

PowerSlot, RotorWorks and Eradispeed. Brembo blanks are my choice, though, because they perform better than drilled/slotted rotors, and aren't prone to cracking. Really, d/s rotors are just driveway jewelry.

4. THISISWEIRD

THISISWEIRD 1/2 ton status

Element nailed it. Don't go drilled, stay with blanks or slotted. I worked for a leading motorsports brake company and drilled discs (rotors) are a lot of hype. Drilled eventually lead to cracking.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ehh its a street show car, in the G-Machine, Pro Touring style. So big aluminum rims with big openings, showing off the Corvette brakes on the car. I realize all the negatives, but on a car that will probably be driven a few hundred miles a year, and most of that time being trips to shows, I think it makes sense.