Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

slow starting woes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazeonchevy, Nov 28, 2006.

1. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

well heres what is happening. when the motor is cold, maybe sat over night(not yet reading on the temp gauge) i pump the gas one time and it fires right up just immidiatley. but when it is warm (in between cold and the normal running temp) it wont start worth crap. it cranks for about 5-8 seconds before anything happens. ive tryed not pumping it, pumping it once, pumping it half way. i cant figure it out. when it is hot it starts right up. for example if i killed it then started it a minute later. so i cant figure this out. and its kindof annoying how i get in my truck and if there are people around it they start looking at it wondering if it will start or not. it usually starts but this is a sort of annoying problem.

any advice? btw specs are in the sig

2. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

nobody?:dunno: ttt

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'd suspect choke adjustment. Does the choke operate *perfectly* under other conditions though? No high idle, bad mileage, etc.?

Could also be heat soak of the carb, (evaportating the gas) but this time of year it would be less likely to be the cause.

It's obvious the well plugs aren't leaking if it will start cold fine.