Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

slow to go in rewind

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russell Keys, Jul 24, 2000.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

I've had a problem for a while with reverse on my th350. When I shift it into reverse it hesitates for 2-3 seconds sometimes before it goes into gear. It becomes a real pain when I need to make a quick back-up or rock-it back & forth. The upshifts are still firm and there's no problem in forward gears so I don't want to have to pull it yet. Is there anything I can check or try w/o having to pull it?Thanks, Russell

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

The first and cheapest thing I would do is get some Prolong tranny additive and try that. It might help it out.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Check the tranny cable, sometimes it stretches. If that's fine, your tranny is on it's way out. I just went through a year of that. I used a product called transmedic which after driving for 150kms it seems to work pretty damn good. I got fed up with the sometimes revearse and replaced the tranny.

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

4. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Soo....if your tranny hesitates when shifted into gear....that's a real bad thing? uh-oh...mine hesitates in reverse too, if i'm on a slight incline it will start rolling forwardbefore it catches in gear....i think it's the same thing forward too. hmmm...the things i learn on colorado K5.....gee thanx guys, everytime i read posts on here i learn that something else on my truck is broke!!lol

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

5. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    I sure hope you don't beleive everything you read on this board, because sometimes inaccurate information
    is posted, for whatever reason.
    Keep reading it does get interesting sometimes.

6. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

7. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

I'm just relaying info on what happened to my blazer. It started with taking a few seconds to go into reverse, then 5-10 seconds then I was lucky to get revearse. I take offense of you and Michigan Blazers comments like I don't know what the F$&k I'm taking about. At least I offered an explaination!!!!

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Whoa, fellow Maple Leaf bro'. I'm not sure if what was said above was meant to be interpreted that way.........unless there's some hidden story I'm missing! Just take 'er easy and remember that Canadians are supposed to be laid back!

9. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Hey; I'm the most laid back guy you'll ever meet, but when people make me out like an idiot, I get alittle excited.

I AM CANADIAN (as per the beer commercials for our American friends)

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home