Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

slow windows?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88GLAZER, Apr 24, 2003.

1. 88GLAZER

88GLAZER 1/2 ton status

I installed new window channels and now I can barely get the windows to move. They were slow to begin with. do I need new motors?

2. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

Make sure the channel is properly seated in the division bar between the window and the small vent window. I had the same problem on my 88 after replacing the window channels, and found that I didn't have it seated properly in the division bar. You have to press really hard on it and it will sort of click in place. Make sure the entire length is seated too, even inside the door. It fixed my problem. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

Additionally: Clean and put some fresh grease on the window channels. They are know to sieze up and bind without some fresh lube!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

yeah clean everything out real good and re grease it all.

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Also check to make sure that the motor is getting a full 12 volts and, like the others said, grease the regulators and the channels up real nice-like! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Krase

Krase Registered Member

This may be too simple but mine are slow, because the pin connectors on the switches keep loosening, i had to put nuts on the back of them to keep them from moving when i did my windows work just fine. But they would get incredibly slow. Just an easy option to check.