Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sm-465??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rusty79beast, Jul 12, 2006.

1. rusty79beast

rusty79beast Registered Member

2. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Yes it is, Think its the 32 spine one going to a np208

3. rusty79beast

rusty79beast Registered Member

I'm looking at buying it and was wondering the approximate value of it. It is a fully stock blazer, I'm not sure of the year, but I think it's a 84-86? It has considerable paint flaked off and is black underneath it?? Doesn't look rusty where paint flaked off, and has a decent amount of surface rust on it. Would this Hydro SM-465 be worth quite a bit by itself?

4. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Looking here:
    http://coloradok5.com/specs.shtml#1984

The only 4-speed manuals in those years were SM465s. (if still original)
    In addition, the shift pattern matches a 465 and the shifter arm looks just like the one on my 465. The indications are good that it is a 465.

However, we all know that to be completely safe you'll need to look at the actual tranny to be 100% sure.

As far as value, on the truck we'll need to know a lot more about it (pics?) to even guess. (The truck is worth whatever someone will pay for it)......

In general, I think you'll find that outside of the hardcore circle the manual tranny probably lowers the value of the truck to the average buyer (if you're thinking about resale). This can also be a good negotiating tool if they think you are "settling" for the manual. :rolleyes:

Tranny value (with hydro) I'd guess that you're only talking a few hundred bucks or so, tops.

5. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

couldn't see the picture, but if it has 2 pto covers one on each side then it's a sm465.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

465 style shifter and 208 style tcase shifter. nice for later on if doing doubler setup. tranny will have 32 spline shaft already.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

(Without looking at pics) Whole 465/hydraulic setup for $100 is a decent deal, better for $50. Gotta assume the only good hydraulic pieces are going to be the pedals and the bellhousing/fork, as the master/slave cylinder can fail at any time, especially trying to re-use old ones.

465's are dime a dozen, but the newer ones have less wear and tear, (likely tighter/smoother shifting, relatively) and the 32 spline ones are a fair bit more uncommon, so compared to an older 10 spline one, the 32 spline is worth more IMO.

8. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yup definately SM465.

I'd pay more for a stick! 80s Blazers with sticks are hard to come by. You shouldn't separate the two.

But if you are then a full hydro setup, and SM465 with a 32 spline is desireable to anyone who wants to swap in a stick into their Blazer.