Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SM465 in S10 Hybrid?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TruckNutzDude, Dec 10, 2005.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I'm not looking for more S10 hybrid how-to swaps... I know body mounts, need to stretch fenders/hood etc. :wink1:

My question is will my hydraulic clutch hook up in the S10 and will my shifter clear the dash? :confused: I'm thinking of purchasing an '87 S10 Blazer 2 door (107" wheel base :D ) to put in place of what's left of my splitting seam, rotten, hacked up and beat K5 half cab truggy looking body. I'm hoping the wiring is close between the two rigs so I can keep my TBI with minimal effort. I do not want to lose my SM465... I love that thing!!! :bow:

2. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

you can always bend/shorten the shifter to clear, so go for it

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

It's funny that almost a year to the day I dug up this post in a search because I STILL WANT TO DO THIS MOD! I ended up with a K10 cab and after some more beating the full size is starting to be compacted. I'm thinking of a standard cab instead of a S10 Blazer this time around.

So... Again I ask, what has to be done to keep my hydraulic clutch functioning?

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193348&goto=newpost

Thanks for any info.
    -Rob