Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SM465 NOISE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudddog91, Jun 8, 2001.

1. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

IVE GOT AN SM465 THAT I JUST SWAPPED IN MY 74 WITH THE 205 BEHIND IT,I USED THE FACTORY SPRINGS THAT HOLD THE CLUTCH PUSHROD TO THE RELEASE FORK AND FOR SOME REASON WHEN THE TRUCK IS RUNNING IT SOUNDS LIKE THE RELEASE BEARING IS BOUNCING OFF OF THE CLUTCH FINGERS?IF I PUT SLIGHT PRESSURE ON THE RELEASE FORK IT GOES AWAY.ITS GOT NEW RELASE BEARING .WHATS THE DEAL?WONT THE RELEASE BEARING WEAR OUT SOONER WITH MORE PRESSURE APPLIED TO KEEP IT QUIT?HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I'm not exactly sure the noise you are trying to describe, but I'm thinking mine does the same thing. All 465's are noisy to some extent. All the ones I have driven make kind of a soft grinding noise at idle with the clutch out, but they still last forever. Or is yours really loud???

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

sounds like the front bearing is bad i have owned several trucks with the 4-spd the front bearings are bad about going out

4x4k20

4. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Mine makes a sound like that. In my case its the spring resonating to the vibration of the engine at idle. So I put a piece of black plastic electrical wire conduit around it. The sound stopped right away.