Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sm465 np205 swap compatability

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mcmlxix, Jun 6, 2003.

1. mcmlxix

mcmlxix Registered Member

Does any one know if you can use the pedels, linkage, cross member, flywheel and bell housing for a SM465/NP205 setup from a 70 K5 in the newer blazers 73-91. I am trying to sell mine as a "complete swap" but I just dont know if it will work. I dont want to tell some one it will and then have problems.
    Thaks
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

im pretty sure you could just swap it all over.. and swap it to hydro at the same time... how much you askin?

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I can't be certain as I've never owned a pre '73 truck, but I'd almost guarantee there is at least one difference (likely many more) that would make it not a bolt in swap.

4. 1972Blazer

1972Blazer 1/2 ton status

My truck is a 1972 Blazer that is why it will work for me. They dont change body styles till 73. I am the one who wanted you to wait on delivering it till September.

5. 1972Blazer

1972Blazer 1/2 ton status

It is your choice! Thanks

6. mcmlxix

1972Blazer emailed me first so he's got first dibs. If for some reason it doesnt go through. I'll re-post in the F/S.

7. mcmlxix

1972Blazer doesnt feel right about asking me to hold this till Sept. He will check back with later but doesnt want me to hold this if I have any one else interested.
    here is the link for it in the for sale forum

SM465 NP205 swap

Email me with any questions. I estimated $275 to ship from PA to Cali. Closer = Cheaper and it helps if you have a business address to deliver to
    I will have to gather all the parts. build crate and get real weight and dimensions for a more acurate quote.