Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SM465 NP208 combo jumping out of gear?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GUMBY, Jul 3, 2001.

1. GUMBY

GUMBY Registered Member

I test drove a 1984 k30 today and when I had it in 4 low and granny low and was turning a counterclockwise circle, at no particular intervals it let out a clunk under the body around the transmission. Was it trying to jump out of gear? The sticks never seemed to jolt back and forth. It never acted like it jumped out then back in because my circle continued smoothly and it didn't seem to happen in 4 high. Would this be a symptom of the transmission or the transfer case being messed up or could it be something else all together?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

What kind of surface were you driving on? If it was dry pavement or any other 'high' traction surface you were prolly just experiencing drive train wind up...perfectly normal.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree with the above post and further caution you not to put a vehicle in 4 low on pavement.

Since when did K30s have NP 208s? I thought they were all NP 205s?

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

4. GUMBY

GUMBY Registered Member

I think you are right about the 205 and it was on a gravel parking lot. Maybe that's all it was.