Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SM465/NP208

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BB454, Apr 9, 2000.

1. BB454

BB454 1/2 ton status

Does anybody have some good technical info on the SM465 and/or NP208. I need things like seal/bearing sizes,preload rates etc. After letting the "pro's" get to my truck I now have more than the oil leak to deal with. I'll have to do this myself despite my hate of gear oil. As most of the spares might have to be imported it would help to know what to get. I do'nt want to strip my truck just to get some samples and then have my K5 stranded for 6-8 weeks while the spares are imported. Anybody have a shopmanual with an exploded view of the SM465 and/or NP208 ? Please help.

#$@&*-I could have lived with the oil leak !!!!

BB454
    If it does not have 8 pistons - it's broken

2. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

i have the same setup as you. the hayes manual has all the bearing sizes and stuff like that. it has instructions on what to do just not good pictures. i had mine resealed 3 months ago when i did my clutch lee miles does it pretty cheap and stands by their work

3. BB454

BB454 1/2 ton status

NYC K5 - Any chance of emailing a scan of that page in that manual? No such books available overhere. Anybody that might be able to help with this? Email: usa1@lantic.net

BB454
    If it does not have 8 pistons - it's broken

4. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

ILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO, I DONT HAVE A SCANER BUT ILL SEE IF CAN GET ONE. ILL EMAIL YOU NO MATTER WHAT