Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SM465-NV4500

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

has anyone done an SM465 to NV4500 swap? If so, what was involved, about how long did it take you to do, and will that nv4500 bolt up to my 86 np208?? just wondering because id sure as hell like another gear in my truck without going auto or a gear-vendors style overdrive..

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

3. Confedneck

rene, thanks, just sent them an email!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

I used the stock clutch pedal and welded a round piece on to connect it to the cylinder shaft. I personally think the best part is having a hydro clutch. I used an AA bellhousing and the factory GM slave, hose, and reservoir. The shifter sits about 3" farther back if I remember right, and the top of the tranny where it comes out is a little taller also so you do have to modify the floor. Mine is bolted to a doubler setup, but you will probably have to move the crossmember back on yours too.

5. Confedneck

cornfed, so did you only weld that piece on because you went from mechanical to hydro? mine is hydro clutch already..and as far as shifter location goes, would it interfere with my stock bench seat? because right now reverse is kinda close, but i think 3" is gonna make it a little tight??thanks ! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

Yeah I welded the piece on because I used my mech. pedal. The throw is a shorter on the NV so you may be okay, if not BD sells a short shift kit for dodges, they may make em for GMs too, Im not sure though.

7. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and will that nv4500 bolt up to my 86 np208??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It bolts right on. No adapters required. (Providing your np208 is 32-spline - SM465 or TH400 application).