Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SM465 parts....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Mar 21, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Anybody know where I can pick up some new 465 parts (OTHER THAN GM)...I found a good "builder" 465 here in town for cheap and thought I would be good to rebuild it for the experience and then put it in my truck or sell it...Any ideas?I know www.sandstruck.com has the parts but can I order directly from them? Any ideas/suggestions wouldbe appreciated....

Chris

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Hmm. Never saw those guys before. Perhaps you can talk to them and find a local distributor since I see they have an 800 number. I saw rebuild kits mentioned somewhere... http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/sm465_parts.htm but they also mention to ask them about other parts.

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Cool...Thanks man...Anybody have any ideas where I might be able to pick up some 465 parts?

4. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

call some tranny rebuilder shops and kiss a little butt then ask where they would go for parts...

the way I do it is ask for part that you know they wont have in stock or sell then say you need it today, any ideas who might carry that stuff? they will usually spill.. thats how I found out about this bitchin place called CalTrans in san diego.. its a huge warehouse, they have EVERYTHING and at xlnt prices.. and they're NOT in the yellow pages or 411..

mike

5. Anteak

Anteak 1/2 ton status

Any chance of passing on an address or phone #?????

PM or post??

73 Blazer So. Ca.