Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SM465 Shift Lever

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jon v, Jul 18, 2004.

1. jon v

jon v Registered Member

Where can I get a new Shift Lever for my SM465? It's a bit too sloppy. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

there was a post on how to fix that. IIRC a weld breaks and becomes slopy, i think you just weld it back up, but not sure exactly where.

you could always try a junkyard.

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Did you take it out and look at it yet? It's not a real complicated device, so I can't see it being bad unless the weld is broke. In that case, what he said. It's real easy to take out, so I would check it out before I went looking for another one.

Remove the boot.
    Spray a little WD-40 around the edges of the round ball looking piece at the base of the stick.
    There's a spring under it, so just push down on the ball and turn it counter clockwise a ways and then release it and it should all just pull straight out.

Here's a pic, the one on the right, except the spring and lower half of the ball are covered up with masking tape. [​IMG]

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I thought the sloppy feeling was normal?? every smc465 i have driven had like a ton of play when in gear /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif