Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sm465 to TH350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chris12, Jan 23, 2007.

1. chris12

chris12 1/2 ton status

Forest Ontario, 1/4 hr from Port Huron Michigan
    What is all involved in swapping a TH350 in where the Sm465 was. Did a search came up with nothing.

2. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

because no one would be CrAzY enough to butcher up a perfectly good factory 4speed.

Autos suck, keep the stick

3. Sweet Savage 3

Sweet Savage 3 Registered Member

I have got a sm465 that i am wanting to swap to a manual. Let me know if you ever swap it out and i will buy the 350 off of you or maybe we can work out some kind of deal.

4. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

swap is pretty darn simple. i know when i went from 350 to 465, i didn't even have to move my tranny/tcase crossmember. but yeah you'll need the big stuff such as tranny, torque converter, tcase with appropriate adapter, dipstick tube if you dont get one with the tranny, vacuum line for the modulator.

another thing to consider is that i wouldn't be surprised if you'll have to play with the length of both driveshafts. you plannin on keeping your current tcase?

i believe he is wanting to do the same thing you are. go from an automatic to a manual transmission.